Thu, Oct 27|
Lakeview Hecla Resort
5th Annual Artisans Retreat October 27-30, 2022
A retreat designed for creative souls, from beginner to established artist, who are eager to explore new mediums or learn a new skill!
Time & Location
Oct 27, 2022, 3:00 p.m. – Oct 30, 2022, 4:00 p.m.
Lakeview Hecla Resort, MB-8, Gull Harbour, MB R0C 2R0, Canada
About the Event
Ambers Leather Creations extends their heartfelt gratitude and appreciation for support of this years sponsors!
Thank you for helping to make our event memoriable!
- Lakeview Hecla Resort
- John Bead
- H. A. Kidd and Company Limited
We wish to acknowledge the Artisans Retreat will be held in Treaty 2 territory and that the land on which we will gather is the traditional territory of Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Assiniboine, Dakota, and Dene Peoples, and the homeland of the Métis Nation.
AMBERS LEATHER CREATIONS
is proud to announce registration for our 5th Annual Artisans Retreat is OPEN!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Artisans just like you!
An artisan is someone who works with his/her hands to create unique, functional, and/or decorative items using traditional techniques.
Our attendees are culturally diverse and travel from across the province, from as far north as Gilliam, as far west as Roblin, and centrally from the Interlake region, Selkirk, and Winnipeg.
Learn and be inspired in a safe and fun environment surrounded by like-minded and enouraging crafts people in a space dedicated to creating art that resonates with you.
WHERE IS THE RETREAT HELD?
Hecla Island Lakeview Resort
Lakeview Hecla Resort has many indoor and outdoor facilities to enjoy. Indoors you'll find an adult only pool area that includes a mineral pool, hot tub, sauna, and swimming pool. Outdoors you'll find beautiful scenery, wildlife, trails, and firepits.
Enjoy a relaxing treatment at Salka Spa; services include body treatments, facials, hand, and foot care.
If you wish to book a spa treatment, we strongly recommend making an appointment well in advance to attending the reteat by contacting Salka Spa directly.
WHO ARE OUR FACILITATORS?
Our Artisans and their craft
- Amber Cook is the proprietor of Ambers Leather Creations and the Host/Event Planner of our annual Artisans Retreat. She is a leather artist, designer, and beader.
- Bonnie Penner is a well-established beaded jewellery designer and artist. Find Bonnie and her amazing work on Facebook.
- Kim Baxter is a fused glass designer, artist and owner of Fused Concepts by Kim.
- Shannon Denney-Edwards is a leather artist, designer, and beader. Shannon is the owner of Northern Heart Designs.
- Roberta Sinclair-Kemash is a jewellery and leather artist. Connect with Roberta on Facebook.
- Jacqueline "Jackie" Traverse is a multi-disciplined Indigenous artist who works in several mediums from oil and acrylic paintings to mixed media, stop-motion animation and sculpture. Visit Jackie's website to view some of her amazing work.
WHAT CLASSES WILL OFFERED?
Something for everyone (OPTIONAL)
Each facilitator will offer a scheduled class; however, all facilitators are available for additional support and classes throughout the weekend.
As always, there will be a large selection of informal classes and project kits available, such as leather burning, baby moccasins, beaded jewellery kits and more!
Participate in as many, or a few, of the classes available. This weekend is designed with a focus on artistic growth and development but it is YOUR weekend and therefore you decide how best to utilize the opportunity to network, have fun, learn and create fantastic works of art!
Please note class fees will include all supplies needed to complete your project. Some tools are required however will be available for purchase from facilitators, or Ambers Leather Creations on-site shop. Additional project kits will also be available for purchase from our facilitators to take home with you.
- Holiday Stockings with Amber Cook ($8 to $15)
- Starry Night Ornament ($22) and/or Felt Butterfly ($14) with Bonnie Penner
- Fused Glass Suncatchers with Kim Baxter ($20)
- Fancy Leather Barrettes with Shannon Denney-Edwards ($15 to $25)
- Boho Earrings with Roberta Sinclair-Kemash ($20)
- Mixed-media painting with Jackie Traverse ($50)
HOW DO YOU TO REGISTER?
Limited to only 50 attendees
Registration is based on room occupancy and includes three nights stay, catered meals from Thursday evening's Meet and Greet, to Sunday's lunch, access to our "Work Shop" (banquet room), and all taxes and gratuities.
NOTE: Additional people (spouse/partner) not attending the event are welcome to attend! For example, if you wish to register to attend the event, and your spouse/partner would like to join you at the resort but not participate in the classes, please register for double occupancy.
- Double Occupancy: $750 per person (two people per room)
- Single Occupancy: $900 (1 person per room)
- Additional Day(s): $137 per night includes taxes only (no meals or gratuities). Additional day(s) MUST be booked by Amber Cook to receive the Retreat room rate AND for you to be able to stay in the same room.
After registration you will be invited to join an exclusive 5th Annual Artisans Retreat Facebook group that will provide additional information about our facilitators and classes leading up to our event.
A non-refundable deposit of $250 is required to hold your reservation. This is accomplished by purchasing a ticket to the event through this event page.
Acceptable forms of payment include E-transfer, cash, or cheque.
Credit cards are accepted but are subject to a 2% additional charge for the transaction fee.
8 hours 50 minutes
HOTEL Check-in: Lakeview Hecla ResortLobby
Meet & GreetWork Shop (Banquet room)
Deposit by E-transfer
Choose "Manual Payment" at checkout. E-tranfer must be completed within 24 hours or registration is cancelled.$250.00
Deposit by Credit Card
this ticket includes 2% transaction fee for use of credit card$255.00